If you are a blogger doesn’t matter newbie or guru already familiar with the terms affiliate marketing. So I am not going to describe that again except just give you a reminding that affiliate marketing is a channel where an advertiser pays the person who promotes his product online. You will be paid commission every time people buy any product via your referral link. You have heard many blogger earns six figures. Do you affiliate marketing is their main income source? So to make your livehood I mean to become full time blogger, you should consider affiliate program seriously. You just can’t ignore it. But many blogger find it difficult to promote affiliate program in their blog. So today I am going to share some tips to use affiliate program on your blog. Hope you will find it helpful.
- At first create readership: Every blog generally gets three types traffic search engine traffic, loyal reader and referral traffic. Each types of traffic need different types of monetizing method. Where search engine and referral traffic doesn’t work best for affiliate program, loyal reader work best for affiliate program. So at first you have to create loyal readership. Loyal readers are those traffic who always visit your blog and response you every time you want. They create the actual community. Loyal reader like your blog, they know you and really trust you. So they are more likely to response what you recommend to them. Will you prefer to buy any product from the person who is totally unknown to you? So you can see to be successful at first you need to create loyal readership. Always try to create a community around your blog.
- Research you visitor: It’s really important point you should research your visitor. Try to understand what you are providing to them and what their demand is. Always give value to your reader rather than your products. You have to understand your reads demand with your blog niche. Oh how can I understand my readers demand with my blog? Well suppose you have a blog on health tips where you provide various tips to keep health fit. So now its can be understand easily that most of your reader reading this blog because they are sincere on their health and they might be interested on product related health issue. You should have a idea how much your read can spend too.
- Always promote super quality product: You have decided to spend some dollars to buy any product. What will be your intention? I am sure you will try to buy as better quality product as you can. So don’t think that your reader will be exception to this. Your reader always wants to buy quality product and that’s why they like to buy product from you. So don’t kick away their trust on you. How will you feel if any of your trusted people sells low quality nasty product to you with the power of your trust? Always mind it that getting trust from reader is so hard but losing trust is very easy just by promoting damn low quality product. The main power of affiliate marketing is trust
- Popular brand is a factor too: When I want to buy any product at first I try to check out popular brand. If every thing fit to me I just buy that product from them until the price is out of mine. So I think most of the people want to buy from trusted brand and company. So always try to promote product with high reputation and trusted on market.
- Give honest review with both pro and cons: If think that you will just join lots of affiliate program link to them from your blog and money will come, you are living in foolish world. Now a days people are not fool as you may think. None want to buy any product without knowing much about that. You have to show the reason to your reader why they should buy that product. Don’t just provide the advantage of that product, provide the problem or weakness of that product too. One of the best six figure blogger Darren Rowse from problogger said
“The best results I’ve had from affiliate programs are where I give an open and honest appraisal of the product – including both it’s strengths and weaknesses”—– Darren Rowse.
So you can see how important a honest review of any product is. Always provide a honest review of any product you want to promote and also mention from whom is product and for whom is not.
- Be honest: I have already told trust is the main power of any affiliate marketing success. People normally don’t buy any affiliate product from whom they personally don’t trust. And to gain trust you have to be honest totally. Never try to make your readers fool. Of course you will try to make money but in legal way by providing quality product towards your readers so that you may earn some money and you reader can be happy with their product.
- Don’t try too much to sell: Yes, you should keep a balance to sell product. If you always try to sell something people will think you just want money and money is every thing to you. Give value to your readers then you will get back too.
- Need good amount of traffic: Traffic is always the main factor for any online income. To whom you will buy your product if you don’t have traffic. And it’s clear that most of your visitor won’t buy product from your affiliate program. So the more traffic you have, the more chance you have to sell product. So to make good amount of money from affiliate marketing, you need certain level of traffic. You may read my post on Easy but very effective way to get traffic. and Secrets to get traffic and seo benefit from blog comments!!
- Be patient: Never want to be succeed over night: I already said to be successful affiliate marketer, you have to create loyal readership and have to make yourself as a trusted person. And to get those you have to work hard for a long and needs time. So be patient and just keep working then success will come to you. Don’t be frustrated even though you can’t make any money from it at all because many blogger aren’t good at affiliate marketing. Just never cry for money keep working money will cry one day to come in your hands.
If any blogger follow those tips, I am sure he will be successful to use affiliate program on his blog. You may also take a look at Darren Rowse’s post on it at 10 Tips for Using Affiliate Programs on your Blog. What do you think please share with us. Thanks
If you like this post feel free to subscribe for free email update to your inbox