Blog seo tips
If you are a blogger or familiar with blog already heard the exclusive term SEO (Search Engine Optimization) i am telling it exclusive because SEO is really exclusive for search ranking. Actually SEO is all about to get traffic from search engine like google, yahoo, Aol etc. Almost every people use search engine to find any particular information. So you will miss lots of traffic if your blog isn’t optimized well for search engines. When you look for any information through search engine how often you click next to surf next search result page? So now you can see how important it is to get position in first page on search engine for targeted keywords. There are millions of blogs out there already and millions coming to challenge you. So you should surely take care of your blog’s SEO. So today I am going to describe you search engine optimization for blog (SEO) and some exclusive SEO tips.
I have read lots of post on SEO tips for blog but every time I read post on SEO it seems I need some thing more something exclusive to know. And you will see lots of blogger who actually doesn’t care too much on blog SEO, they just believe on writing quality content. Yes its important to write quality content but SEO is important too for your blog. I am not telling that search engine optimization is all for a blog. Search engine optimization is essential along with quality content. So which is better a blog with good search engine optimized and quality content or just a blog with quality content? Of course, the blog with good SEO and quality content is much better. So its time to take care your blog SEO.
If we think about search engine optimization, we can divided it into two main parts on page or on site SEO and off page or on site SEO where you haven’t total control on off page SEO but on page SEO totally depend on you.
On page SEO (search engine optimization):
As I already said you have total control over on page SEO, so we should focus on it more seriously to get high rank in search engine result. Now let’s see what we should care in on page SEO.
- Quality content: Content is king again I need to tell the old saying but its true forever and for every sector even in search engine optimization and we can’t skip it at all. Search engine like google loves those contents which loved by visitor too. And to make your content to attract visitor, you have to provide quality content. No way, just don’t waste your time if you can’t provide quality content to your visitor. Always mind it people will visit your blog to get information not to watch you.
- Submit your blog to search engine: All the search engine just show their search result from their indexed page so at first your blog have to be indexed my search engine. Search engine will index your site one day. But why waiting for them just to their and submit your blog in major search engine.
- Keyword research: The main purpose of search engine optimization is driving traffic from search engine. And every search engine user uses search engine in same way by providing some words or phrase in a search box known as keywords to find any particular information in web. So you can see it’s essential to understand your content and your targeted visitor to know what they may type to find the information which you are providing through your blog. So when you will write any post on any particular topic then ask yourself what would you type if wanted to know about the topic what you are writing? Now make a list of some keywords what you would if you need to know about that topic and research those keyword with keyword tool you may use google keyword tool. Select some keywords which has good search value and less competition but the main problem is most of the high search valued keywords has high competition so its better to take a look at your competitors keywords to take an idea. Now you have got your targeted keyword and place those in your post body, post title headlines and if you use image use your keywords as alt tag. But always try to make sure that it seems your keyword is coming in text naturally. Don’t over use your keywords don’t let your reader know that you are writing for them not for search engine its better to use 4 to 8 percents of your total post. You may easily banned by google if you are act like keyword spamming by over using keywords.
- Niche topic: Do you know niche blog gets more priority in search result ranking? Yes if you want to get good rank for any particular topic, you have to write lots of content on that topic. For example if you want to get high rank for the keyword make money online, you have to write lots of post on that topic. So if your blog’s niche is make money online then you will surely write lots of post related to it constantly. And here is your chance to get a good position for that keyword. Search engine like google always love niche blog and if you have lots of post on any specific topic, they consider you as authority of that topic. So try to make a niche blog rather then to cover many topics.
- Consistency: Consistency is the main characteristic of blog. Blog gets seo benefit because its update frequently. Search engine always loves fresh content to index. If you update your blog frequently search engine will index your blog frequently too. So always try to be regular in posting and publish as many quality fresh content as possible.
- Internal link between pages: All SEO experts emphasize on internal link between pages to page. It’s not only help search engine to index easily but also help your visitor to read previously written related post. For example page A has a good rank so you may link to page B from page A to get benefit of your page A’s rank. But always try to use anchor text link to related page. Don’t just link to link.
- Domain age: search engine like google really care the domain age in search result ranking. They trust more on an old and long time domain than short period domain because there are lots of spam domains out there.
- Quantity: You will find lots of blogger who believes on only quality rather than quantities. But quantity is really a fact to consider especially if it’s about search engine optimization. The more content you have, the more possibilities you will get to achieve rank in search rank. So don’t want to get good position in search result with little content even though they are quality content!
- Duplicate content: Google always hate duplicate content. None can’t search rank with duplicate content. So it’s better to avoid it.
Off page SEO (search engine optimization):
You never have total control like on page SEO over off page SEO. Actually it’s highly depends on other people who trust your blog and recommend it to other by linking to you. That links are known as Backlinks. So Backlinks are the best way to get a good rank in search rank. Google measures any blog’s popularity by evaluating its Backlinks. But google doesn’t consider all links they just consider quality links which come from good ranked related sites. So to optimize your blog for off page SEO, you have to build quality Backlinks. I have already told about this here 11 ways to get backlink to your blog. You may also take a look at 55 Quick SEO Tips Even Your Mother Would Love from searchenginejournal.
Those all I know so far to optimize a blog for search engine. If you follow all of those you will surely see some change. But one thing you should always mind that when you are working on SEO your competitors are working too. So don’t want to get success over night. Actually SEO (search engine optimization) is a long term process. So please be patient. What do you do for your blog’s seo? What do you thing about its? Please share your thought with us. Thanks
If you like this post feel free to subscribe for free email update to your inbox