Last week I took an interview of marko and I exactly asked same question to my another favourite blogger Hesham Zebida from famousblogger. He has got huge success within very short time and already established himself as an authority blogger. His best quality to me is he can easily feel his readers need and just deliver exactly what his readers want. Anyone can follow his way. Anyway here we go…
- Hesham: Thank you Alamin, for the opportunity, I am simply Egyptian guy who likes technology in general. I was graduated as an accountant but I discovered after one year from my first job that I really don’t like to deal with numbers, it’s kind of boring, so I went to study web design and development to change all that and add some more adventures to my life, I now run some online projects in a trying to make a living from the internet by several ways.
- Hesham: After working in web design and development for a few years, it was a must to deal with different CMSs platforms like Joomla, Drupal and WordPress while working with clients, I then moved to work in the media field, this is where I learned how to build an online community and I decided to start my own blog to share my thoughts and experiences, things turned to something else when I realized that I actually can make money from it, so again I decided to plan a new blog to compete with monsters of blogging, that was about 2 years from today.
- Hesham: Blogging itself is not the way to make money as I see it, but of course, it’s really possible to make money from blogging if you take it as a step by step process and it depends on what you blog about, but let’s say that by blogging you open a new window for more opportunities, and this is how you actually make money by taking these opportunities.
- Hesham: My simple answer to this is a “Plan”, to be successful doing anything in life you need a plan, I can add to that imagination and passion, so it’s not only about blogging, it’s about life.
- Hesham: The hardest part of blogging is to keep blogging.
- Hesham: I am a full time bloggers since almost one year now, and I am dedicating my everything towards this business. I had a good plan, I give myself enough time to achieve my goals and I never rush anything, I will tell you something but plz don’t think I am crazy, some times we succeed because there is no other way to go, we succeed because we want to, and we also succeed because we can not fail.
- Hesham: Marketing way are developing it self all the time, today the best way is to create social media profiles and try to grow them by communicating with other bloggers in the same niche or have same interests as yours. I can not be asked this question without pointing to guest blogging as one of the fastest ways to reach new horizontals in the blogosphere and introduce yourself in a great way.
- Hesham: I don’t know! Honestly I really don’t know, but I work on my laptop more than 15 hours everyday because blogging is not the only thing I do, I actually manage two social bookmarking sites at the same time, and also working on a new design project. You can say that I am a multi-task guy.
- Hesham: More than 15 hours a day seriously, Time is the most precious thing to give you blog, and Time is also your big challenge.
- Hesham: Today, content will not work alone, I mean if you have the best content ever and no body knows about it, this is a waste of time. Some people think that content is king, but I really have doubt about that, I think both should go together, content and promotion, they complete each other.
- Hesham: If you asked me what’s your favourite singer, I would say I don’t have a favourite singer, but I have a favourite song. And this can apply here as well, so I don’t have a favourite blog. But I have a favourite type of articles, I love it when I find a blog post or article that has a solution for my problem.
- Hesham: That’s a good one. I think of blogs like any other creature, I deal with the blog like if it can talk to me, breath, and maybe think. Everyone likes his own mind, and if you think about it, you will find out that people don’t like to live another person’s life, trust me on that because I know! So I don’t think I will like to own any blog just because it’s a successful one, I’d prefer to work on something I started it from the beginning rather than that. I am sorry if my answer if kind of shocking or it’s not expected, but this is how I see things.
- Hesham: Networking and proper content is the key, talking about network I was having some good luck to meet with some awesome bloggers and social media players who helped me a lot to gain traffic, but of course I took a lot of time to find the connections I needed, they say you don’t have to be a police, but it’s better to be a friend of a police. There are some special type of content that gets more attention than other types, and as I said before, content that solves a problem will find it’s way to your reader’s heart, and of course SEO is a must way to drive traffic, but in general it will take some time to be satisfied with results.
- Hesham: Sure, my recent project is a members site for Thesis Skins, I will Launch it officially in the coming a few days.
- Hesham: As a start, I would suggest not to show the full article on the home page of your blog, try to increase number of articles on the home page by reducing the excerpt, and make use of all white spaces on your sidebar and footer, and provide a way for your visitors and reader to search the blog, and finally remove the infolinks ads, it’s annoying reader in my experiance.
If you like this post feel free to subscribe for free email update to your inbox